Saturday, December 6, 2008

No Knitting Today

or much of anything else. I had the day off yesterday (Friday) and planned to help daughter move. I got up feeling a little queasy, but kept thinking it would go away. I managed a shower and got dressed and then it all started - both ends - I know TMI! Amy had this last weekend and husband had an abbreviated version on Tuesday so I should have expected it, but I thought somehow I had dodged the bullet. Not so.

I made my way to the couch and wrapped up in a afghan and told my daughter & husband I would come to help as soon as I felt better....well, that never happened. I had one of the most miserable days of my life. In between trips to the bathroom I wrapped up from head to toe on the couch just to keep my teeth from chattering. I couldn't stand lights on, or noise from the TV and later when husband came home and turned on the TV I had to move to another spot! I slept for hours and still went to bed at 9 pm. I'm better today, actually drank a little ginger ale, ate some crackers and tonight had part of a baked potato, so I'm back in the land of the living.

I can't knit though, not yet.

No comments: