Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where are the days going?

Middle of November already!  It can't be - it was just summer.  Slow down, please!

I love fall -  the beautiful colors, the crisp air, wearing sweaters, but when the time changes, it makes such a difference.  I don't like it getting dark so early, and I hate shivery cold mornings and evenings.  However, it is here and we have to deal with it.  Warm knits are one way to combat that cold!
I saw a similar scarf/cowl on Pinterest and made my own version.  Very warm and cozy.

 When Sophie saw the green and brown tam I made for Nikki she asked for one in orange and so orange she got!  I just changed the top from a bow to a pom pom.


I practically had to wrestle her for this picture, but finally got a smile.  Sometimes she is a ham and sometimes getting a picture is a battle - you know, she's two!

Sophie loved Halloween this year.  She got to trick-or-treat at the nursing home where I work, at her daycare and then at a few houses in my neighborhood.  She got the hang of it really quick and was so good to say trick or treat and thank you.  She was happy to come home though and help hand out candy here too.

A cute little Elmo!
And a cute close-up while she was posing for her mom for Christmas card pictures.

This afternoon she and I went to a nearby dollar store for a few things and she was so good and so cute.  She loves everything.  She oohs and aahs over everything, but then often says, "I have one like it at home" even if she doesn't!  I bought her two $1 books and some stickers and she was happy as could be. She also asked to buy her mom an ornament, which we did.  What a blessing she is! 

Next up is Thanksgiving and we'll be so glad to see our out of town granddaughters then.  I have a few Christmas gifts on the needles and hopefully will post those pictures later!

3 comments:

Robin said...

She is absolutely adorable!

Kara said...

I love the scarf you made! Super cute!

Kimberly said...

WOW - she is a cutie! love the scarf you made.