Sunday, June 22, 2008

Aptly Named

Can you see the butterfly on my butterfly bush? (Click on picture for close-up) Everytime I tried to get a better picture it moved, but he/she was working so hard! Those wings were just going. Yesterday there were big butterflies, but of course when I got my camera they were long gone.

Today is a quiet day - which I needed. How do young mothers do it? How did I once upon a time? Having my kids and grandchildren from Thursday till Saturday afternoon was wonderful - but I crashed after they left. Little ones just starting to walk are hard work!

I still have the 11 year old granddaughter, she is staying for two weeks, but she is at her other grandparents this weekend and will be back later today. She is a breeze though after taking care of the baby. Since my son and daughter-in-law don't live near any family they have very little help or babysitting available so when they visit I try to do all I can to give them a little break. I try to feed and bathe her and DH and I play with and watch her most of the time. I love it, but don't think I could do it full time anymore.

Friday we did go to Dan Daniel Park for son to see the Veterans Memorial and the kids to play at the playground. The city needs to work on that playground! No shade, no benches, no swings, very little for toddlers to do. As you can see from the pictures, she loved it anyway, especially climbing and "driving".

When she's a little older we will try to keep her more, but as of now her other grandmother and I both work full time and the granddads who are the babysitters are not ready for her! DH works 3-4 12 hour days a week and has the other days off and the other granddad is retired, so they share keeping the 11 year old. She loves it, as she pretty much has both of them wrapped around her little finger. She's such a good kid though, she has always been easy. Not so sure about the little one





A little help from Daddy.



Not so sure at first.



Hey, I like this driving business.






A little help from Sissy on the swinging bridge.

B on the climbing rock with her new Webkinz dalmation - her 15th.

1 comment:

Candyce said...

The grands look lovely and happy. That is so nice that you have B for 2 weeks. Are you doing a vacation with her this summer?

N looks wondeful.

I love your butterfly bush.

Sit down, sip a cup of tea and enjoy.