Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow and Birds

We are in the middle of our 2nd major snow event this winter.  This is pretty major for here as in the last few years we haven't gotten much snow.  Luckily, (or not - if you are a kid and hoping to miss school) both snowstorms have come on the weekends, so we can just hibernate for a couple of days.  I made a big pot of soup, cleaned house a little and now am planning to just knit and/or watch tv and/or play on computer the rest of the day.  I just hope no one loses power.  The snow so far has been mostly light and powdery, but it did sleet a little earlier.  There are lots of tall pine trees around here that play havoc with power lines when we get ice.

My bird feeders have been very busy this morning.  I need to get some water out there, but at 21deg. it would freeze - any ideas?  I noticed this woodpecker visited several times. 


Click on to see closer





Everybody stay warm and safe!

1 comment:

ms Givens said...

How cute.
When I first read the title I thought you were referring to people who move to Arizona in the winter. They are called snow birds.