Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Still a Knitting Blog??

After a hard two-week trip to China where sleep was lost, and a really hard, never-ending trip home, then family visits, going back to work, and a killer sinus infection for the last week, I finally picked my knitting back up again.  I made it back to Monday night knitting and was so glad to see everybody.  Amy brought Sophie by to meet everyone and even though she is a little wary of strangers at first after getting a neat new book from Gaye, Sophie relaxed and they even saw a little of her personality shine through. 

I started the Traveling Woman shawl before I left, but have worked very little on it since then.  Hopefully I will get back in the groove soon.  (Trekking sock yarn)




We had a wonderful, laid back Labor Day weekend.  It was so good to have the few days off and we got to spend a little time with Sophie.  Granddaddy has been worried that she wouldn't ever willingly go to him but that all changed this weekend. 



Just like the other two granddaughters decided long ago, he became a favorite person!




She found my tupperware and cookie cutters!


She went out to eat with us and was so good.  She waved and said hi to all the other children in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed her lunch!



And she learned to ride the Care Bears car like a champ.  This little car has the most annoying song you can imagine and she pushed the button at least 100 times.  We are going shopping for a new car I think, either that or this battery is going to die!

2 comments:

Timmie said...

we were glad to have you back at knitting. I think we should make Sophie an honorary member. She's so cute.

Robin said...

I've so enjoyed keeping up with your adventures with Amy and Sophie. She is adorable and am sure is settling in nicely. The Traveling Woman is on my to-do list, also. Hopefully, it will be next up.