Saturday, August 15, 2009

Thank Goodness for Saturday

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish their life away waiting for the weekend? I have been very tired this week. Last weekend the children and grandchildren were here (B had been here for the past 3 weeks and her mom, dad, and little sister came to get her), so even though I love having them, it takes me a few days to recover. Also, for some reason I am having trouble falling asleep. This happens for awhile, then gets better, but while it is happening, it is miserable. Often I lie there for 2 hours or more tossing and turning with my mind going crazy. Makes for long nights and days!

Thank goodness for the weekend - I slept a little later this morning, did just a little housework then met daughter at the movies to see Julie & Julia. SO GOOD! I highly recommend it. It is laugh-out-loud funny and Meryl Streep is fabulous as Julia Child. Also it is about food and blogging - how could I not like it? Near the beginning of the movie Julie cooks a bruschetta-looking thing, where she cooks the bread in butter and then puts tomatoes, etc. on it and it looks delicious. Anybody have a similar recipe?
Just have to post a picture of N from the weekend. She is the most nurturing little girl. She babies everything! She loves to carry, rock, comfort, and cover with blankets, all her dolls and stuffed animals. She is very inventive too. Boxes become beds, dish towels can be blankets. Here she took a little basket I got at the dollar store and it became Elmo's carrier. She took very good care of him.
Notice her Dora dress!




And now a special prayer request. I've been reading about this family since Jonah was born with a rare genetic skin disorder, EB. He is the sweetest little thing, but has so much to go through. Please keep him in your prayers.

No comments: