Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Hope everyone will have a safe and relaxing weekend. We have the grandchildren here so ours isn't exactly relaxing, but the little one is 2 1/2 so that should explain that. Yesterday she was the perfect child, but this morning had a full-out meltdown so we are just trying to go with it. The other grandparents have them for the day, so we get a little break, but I actually miss them!

They are going on an outing today and after a little struggle with her hair (long, fine and with growing out bangs - ane I'm totally out of practice) she looked really cute this morning so I got out the camera and that is when the tantrum started. She wanted to hold the camera, didn't want her picture taken, and ended up doing what my son calls her cockroach imitation - which is on the floor, arms and legs going in all directions, screaming and crying. We just ignored her and eventually she calmed down! I know this isn't uncommon for 2 year olds, but I don't remember it much with my kids (maybe that's selective memory?) or the older granddaughter. This one definitely has a strong personality and hopefully that will be to her advantage later!

Just before they got here Thursday night, I actually finished the Waltz Scarf. Rather than lace yarn, I knitted it with Malabrigo sock yarn, so it is a little thicker, but very soft and cushy and one skein actually worked. I used all but about 6 inches, so none was wasted! I would do this again.

Before soaking or blocking.

And after........

I've started an afghan for B, the older granddaughter, at her request, but I'm still working out the pattern, so I'll have pictures later.

I think I am going to take a nap now - regroup before the gang gets back this afternoon!

No comments: