Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Blue Skies






I finally got around to loading my vacation pictures into flickr tonight and this one is my very favorite. We were at the top of the mountain at Newfound Gap and I was trying to remember how to set my timer. I was just snapping pictures without looking and just happened to get this as the bird flew by. Notice how spring had not yet arrived at that elevation. Everything was so green and lush until we got about 2/3 of the way up. At the very top there were just a few buds opening up.




This is the Methodist Church at Cades Cove. This is an 11 mile circle - if you haven't been, it is a settlement that they bought out when they made the Smoky Mountains into a National Park. They have left many of the buildings, you usually see many animals and it is a beautiful, peaceful area.





Beautiful meadow in Cades Cove - I think there is an animal down there!

1 comment:

Candyce said...

Just lovely...I would enjoy seeing the rest on Flickr.

Candyce