Sunday, May 11, 2008

Busy, Fun Week

We're back! We had a great week and now are recovering! DH & I were in contact with our friends by cell phone on the road and it so happened we were a little early, so we stopped at the Winery in Gatlinburg and a favorite jam and jelly shop, where we made several purchases and I asked about a yarn shop (Smoky Mountain Spinnery) I had seen when I had done an online search. It was a little hard to find as a husband and wife apparently own two shops together - his is a fishing shop and hers knitting - how neat. The very nice guy who waited on me said they had both gone to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, so I was sorry I didn't get to meet her, but enjoyed browsing through her shop and bought several lovely yarns.














































It was then time to meet our friends at our cabin office where we got directions to our cabin. Even though I would have loved a cabin with a view up in the mountains, I was glad ours was located in Wears Valley which is very near everything in Pigeon Forge. When we first turned into our road I was a little worried because the cabins seemed so close together, but we were very lucky and ours was at the end of the road, surrounded by trees and very private. We wouldn't have had too many neighbors however as we only saw one other car on our trips in and out. This turned out to be a fantastic week to be there - hardly any crowds and wonderful weather. It was in the 70's each day and just beautiful.

Here is our cabin "All Tucked Inn"








This is the living area - it has 2 bedrooms with king-sized beds and 2 baths, so it was great for 2 couples. It was wonderful seeing our friends again and we hope to do it again soon. We both have 11 year old granddaughters and hope we can sometime meet and bring them with us. This time it was nice just having adults only though.





Over the next few days we enjoyed the beautiful spring weather and scenery in the mountains, Cades Cove, Gatlinburg, & Pigeon Forge. We shopped, ate, and had a wonderful time.

Here are some pictures of Cades Cove - more later....


2 comments:

Candyce said...

How beautiful! I just love the cabin. I am so happy you had such a nice time.

I LOVE the yarn shop. Now YOU make me want to get into knitting!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation!! The shop looks well stocked and love the look of the cabin. Looks like the weather cooperated, also. Glad you had fun and are back home safe and sound!!