Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nurse Gloria

Can you tell these flowers have grown in the last month or so? I love wave petunias except for all the deadheadding! These are in full sun almost all day on my back deck so they drink lots of water too.


We have a new volunteer at the nursing facility where I work and she rescues greyhounds. This is Nurse Gloria our new pet therapy dog. She is adorable! A sweet, calm dog! Her owner dressed her up today and the residents loved her!








I am still knitting on my sweater. As you can see below the back is finished and the front about half-way. I'm using Cascade Pima Tencel and it is great to work with - very soft.













These are my first pair of socks using the Magic Loop method and so far I love it! It goes quickly, eliminates keeping up with the 4 double pointed needles, and helps eliminate ladders. I had a little trouble getting started, but it didn't take long to get my rhythm. I also love this yarn, Jojoland Melody. I don't know if you can tell, but the color goes from purple to green. The pattern is Lacy Mock Cable Socks.


I always forget to take my camera to Ktog on Monday nights, but Robin is our official photographer. Check out our great group here.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I can't ever get pots of mixed flowers to last. I let Vickie pot two HUGE pots for me and now stuff has died, etc. and they don't look so hot. Love the sock! Glad you like ML! It rocks for socks! Nurse Gloria is so cute!

Candyce said...

What a clever idea--Nurse Gloria indeed. Pets are so special and I know the patients will love her.

I love the colors in the socks--so pretty. You really are doing great with it!

Candyce