Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Charlotte?

This garden or writing spider wove her web right outside my back door. I tried to leave her alone hoping she would leave on her own . However, she seemed to have set up camp and made herself comfortable and we couldn't open the back door, so I caught her in a tupperware bowl and moved her farther away from the house. In the meantime my daughter and granddaughter were totally freaked out! I'm not crazy about spiders but admire their webs and since reading Charlotte's Web, just can't tear their web down unless I run into it and get it in my hair or on my face - then it's everyman for himself! Eww!

Don't you just love the writing in the web though?















Finally my mixed hanging containers on my front porch are filled out and looking good. Now that the season is almost over!


Today we have had over 4 inches of rain (by my rain gauge). It rained very hard all day and was sorely needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,

Yes, Charlotte's Web is one of the all time best books. We get some good-sized spiders here too. I agree that all kind thoughts disappear and it is every man for himself, when the spider crosses a certain boundary!

- Clare