Sunday, August 3, 2008

Quiet Weekend

During the week it seems like I go to work, come home, then go back to work. Some mornings when I walk in the office it seems like I just left. At home I get just the necessities done, like meals, some laundry, watering flowers, and hopefully some blogging and knitting time. Sometimes I feel like I'm wishing my life away wanting the weekend to come!

Then the weekend comes and (I know all of you can relate) there is plenty to do - cleaning, shopping, errands, cooking. But - it is on my time and at my own pace so I can deal with that. It would be nice to have one more day though. Lots of companies are starting 4 day work weeks to save their employees gas money, which is a great idea. Wish we would do that.

This weekend we had nothing else planned, and no visitors, so I was able to catch a couple of sales yesterday (this was no-tax weekend in Virginia), and worked on my socks. I love the magic loop method of knitting socks. I wasn't so sure at first, but love it now. No more worrying about dropping dpns and I haven't had any ladders either (knock on wood).

With the Olympics starting this next weekend, we are enjoying all the specials on the Travel Channel about China. I plan to travel with my daughter when she goes (although there is such a slow-down now that could be years), and it is so interesting to see places we read about on the adoption blogs and that we might get to see eventually. Samantha Brown had three really good specials, one each on Bejing, Xian, and Chengdu. This week the networks will be there and we should get to see more.

No comments: