Monday, August 18, 2008

Where has summer gone?

Even though I don't have any little ones at home anymore, it's hard not to realize that school is starting. School supplies rule in the stores and advertisements, all my coworkers with kids are in the midst of all the preparations, and my granddaughter is anxiously awaiting the start of middle school. She still has a couple of weeks before she starts, but lots of kids start back this week.

It seems like summer just started. We took a short vacation in May and the weather was great, and there weren't lots of crowds, but since wee've worked all summer it seems to have just disappeared. I actually missed the heat and crowds of Disneyworld or the beach - and especially taking our granddaughter with us. Next year she has already put in a request to go on a vacation with us - and she wants to go to Chicago to the American Girl store. We'll see.

I wish I had taken my camera tonight to our knitting group. Lots of gorgeous projects! I'm going to put it in my purse for next time. We had a big group tonight too.

No comments: